What We Believe
Camp Seggie is a non-profit children’s Camp where Christian faith is taught and practiced. With this being said, we love having kids from all backgrounds and there is no limit on who can attend camp. In fact, well over 60% of our campers are from non-church backgrounds. Everyone is welcome!
Our chapel times, worship and prayer times are always kid friendly and appropriate. No one will be singled out or pressured by any staff member. We strive to create a welcoming environment and encourage campers to ask questions about what they have learned and let them come to their own conclusions about the Christian faith.
While our beliefs are based on a biblical foundation they will learn values that any family can appreciate; being honest, caring, loving and kind. Even if your family does not practice the Christian faith your child is more than welcome to attend camp, all we ask is that they are respectful to the camp community and not distracting during lessons.
We are a Christian organization with the clear goal of sharing the Good News of the Gospel of Christ. Our beliefs are outlined briefly below:
1. We believe that the Scriptures are inspired by God.
2. We believe in one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, and is true God and man.
4. We believe that man was created in the image of God; that he sinned and thereby incurred not only physical death, but also that spiritual death which is separation from God.
5. We believe that Jesus Christ died for our sins, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the grounds of His shed blood.