Winter Camp 2016
Camp Seggie’s Winter Camp is an awesome weekend jam packed with fun for campers in Grade 4-6. As a 2 night camp with a small number of campers its a great way to introduce your new camper to camp to see how they will like it, or for our veteran campers, to connect with their favourite cabin leaders!
Beginning on Friday night with registration at 6:30pm and running until Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm Campers have the opportunity to participate in both indoor and outdoor activities, compete in teams, enjoy chapel times and even have a campfire.
Our outdoor game times usually include sledding, snow fort building, snow sculptures, as well as Camp Seggie classics like Mugs and Capture the Flag. Indoor activities include games like Ship to Shore, Nerf Wars, Hobbes Ball, mini sticks hockey and crafts.
Campers are housed in our winterized cabins as well as basement dorms. Each cabin has 8-10 girls or boys in each as well as both a Sr and Jr Cabin Leader. We enjoy some great food and snacks all weekend prepared by an awesome team of cooks as well as tuck (canteen) time. Campers also participate in chapel times with fun upbeat songs and simple Bible teaching.
PACKING LIST: (please label all items. Camp Seggie is not responsible for lost or stolen items)
- Winter jacket/snowpants/snowsuit
- Mittens/gloves (always helpful to have an extra pair as we are in and out throughout the day
- Warm socks - please bring several pairs as we often have campers with wet feet!
- Comfortable clothing - sweatshirts, sweatpants, long sleeved shirts etc
- Slippers (optional but recommended since we do not allow outdoor footwear inside at winter camp)
- Blankets / Sleeping bag / pillow - we have heaters in cabins and rooms but you will need warm bedding
- Toiletries (toothbrush, shampoo, towel etc)
- Bible / notebook / pen
- Please DO NOT bring electronic devices such as phones, iPods, iPads, tablets, game systems etc. If these items arrive at camp they will be held on to by staff until the end of the weekend.